You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Good Luck!  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
Good Luck!
« on: March 09, 2017, 10:01:51 PM »
Wishing everyone good luck at US Adult Sectionals!  #AdultsSkateToo  Skate great!
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
Re: Good Luck!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:12:04 PM »
Same here!  I'll be watching part of Easterns this weekend; if anyone's going to be there let me know when you're skating and I'll try to be there to cheer you on!

Offline CaraSkates

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 367
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 09:10:33 PM »
Same here!  I'll be watching part of Easterns this weekend; if anyone's going to be there let me know when you're skating and I'll try to be there to cheer you on!

I was there all weekend - skated in 4 events, watched a ton of others and threw bunches of tossies at friends! Were you around Friday for the power outage?

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:32:01 PM »
I was there all weekend - skated in 4 events, watched a ton of others and threw bunches of tossies at friends! Were you around Friday for the power outage?

Whoops!  No, I missed that.  What happened?  I was there Saturday morning but had to dash right after one of our coaches skated (she ended up placing 1st in her event and is going to Nationals, yay!)  I didn't get to watch quite as much as I would have liked but I still had fun.

Offline CaraSkates

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 10:41:34 PM »
Whoops!  No, I missed that.  What happened?  I was there Saturday morning but had to dash right after one of our coaches skated (she ended up placing 1st in her event and is going to Nationals, yay!)  I didn't get to watch quite as much as I would have liked but I still had fun.

Mylar balloon hit a transformer nearby and blew power to the rink and nearby hotels. Happened during the first skater of the second event (friend of mine in an inflatable minion suit). Postponed Champ Gold Men on the other rink for almost two hours - which pushed some official practice sessions to 11pm. Power came back on via a generator right away but not full power. Or full lights. Locker rooms dark. Snack bar dark. No heat. Automatic doors didn't really work. Couldn't cut the ice. Champ Gold men had music played via boombox into a microphone. The power did come back after a couple hours but the heating system was off all weekend. Brr.

I was in the 2nd event Saturday morning on rink 1 - open gold ladies. And the last event Saturday....champ gold ladies at 9:30pm...

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
Mylar balloon hit a transformer nearby and blew power to the rink and nearby hotels. Happened during the first skater of the second event (friend of mine in an inflatable minion suit). Postponed Champ Gold Men on the other rink for almost two hours - which pushed some official practice sessions to 11pm. Power came back on via a generator right away but not full power. Or full lights. Locker rooms dark. Snack bar dark. No heat. Automatic doors didn't really work. Couldn't cut the ice. Champ Gold men had music played via boombox into a microphone. The power did come back after a couple hours but the heating system was off all weekend. Brr.

I was in the 2nd event Saturday morning on rink 1 - open gold ladies. And the last event Saturday....champ gold ladies at 9:30pm...

Oh wow.  That helps explain why it was so cold (though I'm told that rink is always cold).  Unfortunately I missed your events!  I hope they went well.

Offline CaraSkates

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 09:51:18 AM »
Oh wow.  That helps explain why it was so cold (though I'm told that rink is always cold).  Unfortunately I missed your events!  I hope they went well.

It actually wasn't bad temp wise till the power outage. I skate in a cold rink at home and Ice Vault feels "normal" to me but not this weekend! I actually have chapped skin and knuckles from the cold air.

Surprised myself with medals in all three of my open events, a top half finish in champ gold (my goal was top 20) and an achievement award from USFS!

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »
Surprised myself with medals in all three of my open events, a top half finish in champ gold (my goal was top 20) and an achievement award from USFS!

Congrats!!!   :stars: :toppts: :stars:

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 01:12:16 PM »
That's awesome! Congratulations!
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com