You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Good skate shops in Charlotte NC, Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock, or Dallas  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
We're planning a road trip and I've persuaded OH to let me check out a few skate shops along the way so just wondering if anyone can suggest good skate shops for adults (especially any that might have some larger size dresses) in, around or between the locations listed.
Thanks

Offline PhysicsOnIce

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 292
In Dallas there use to be a super good fitter in the Ice Garden in Downtown.  Tom and his wife ran the rink for a long time, and he would spend incredible amounts of time and effort to make sure that your skates, blades and everything and anything else you wanted was exactly what you needed.  However, I think it has since closed though. I have never had my skates fitted in the Galleria, but I suppose it is probably one of the better places in Dallas since it is solely a Figure Skating. I'll ask my old coaches in Dallas what/who they recommend.  But generally I would stay away from the Starcenters as they are focused primarily on hockey. 
Let your heart and soul guide your blades

Offline Meli

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 25
In Dallas, most of the shops are teeny.  There's one at Galleria Dallas (very teeny) but I don't remember seeing adult clothing.  Ice Ice Baby is at the Polar Ice House in Grapevine Mills, and they carry more apparel, but I haven't seen much adult wear.  Ice at the Parks at Parks Mall in Arlington also has a shop, but I haven't checked it out.

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
Thanks for the information. Sounds like I need to call them and see if they have anything in my size.