You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: steppingndown a blade / lightweights  (Read 1077 times)

Offline spiralina

• Pairs Partner
  • Total GOE: 10
  • lutz of love!
steppingndown a blade / lightweights
« on: February 16, 2014, 10:02:15 AM »
Hi all, long time no speak forum.

I've been having a lot of boot problems recently and am tempted to switch to my Edeas, which are collecting dust on my rollers. The problem is, I will need a shorter blade. I currently skate on MK Gold Stars that I got free with the boots, but I don't need them (working only on axel after a long break).

I have two questions re; new blades, therefore:

1. Will I find it difficult to move down to e.g. a Coro Ace (which I had before) or e.g. an MK Pro? I'm in the UK where blades are cheap so not too worried about the price, to be entirely honest, but if I don't need to...

2. I am a very light (100lbs) skater. The Edeas are very light, is it worth getting the new lighter blades? Here, a Revolution or Paramount MK Pro is only $25 more than the standard.

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
Re: steppingndown a blade / lightweights
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 04:32:36 PM »
I think you'd be fine with coro aces or pros... the profile of either is going to be different as well as the relationship between the spin rocker and drag pick, but I would think it would be an easier transition than some since the actual pick configurations are similar. As far as whether the revolution version of either is worth it, that's up to you.  I'd probably want to try it just to see what the difference is like.