You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Tiny Sticky Specks on Boots  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Mergen Tatara

• Sour Cow Herd
  • Total GOE: 0
Tiny Sticky Specks on Boots
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »
I've noticed some tiny, sticky white specks on the sides of my boots recently.  At first, I thought they were dust particles and tried to wipe them off, but they wouldn't go away.

Then I used my fingernails and gently tried to peel them off.  Slowly, they came off like a sticky substance.  :o  Have anyone else experienced this?  ;D

I believe most boots have a polyurethane coating applied on the surface, for water proofing.  Could this be the coating drying up, hardening and forming these little specks on the boots?

Hmm... 
Jackson Marquis Boots
Ultima Mirage Blade

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
Re: Tiny Sticky Specks on Boots
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »
It's from the ice on the ice rink.

We have several rinks we use and one is a really crappy rink.  That is the one that would get on dd's clothing and skates.  It's part of the paint, and it what makes an ice rink's ice white.  I'm sure that there are different qualities of products.

Offline VAsk8r

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 18
Re: Tiny Sticky Specks on Boots
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 08:46:08 PM »
Is this why my skates have little blue specks on the sides? I have noticed some of the kids have them on their skates, too. I would guess they got there from my skates sliding across the ice after a spin fall.