You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Who has skaters going to regionals this year?  (Read 2139 times)

Offline twirly~girls~mom

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 3
Who has skaters going to regionals this year?
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »
We have regionals the third week in October and I know Jumpingbeansmom has a skater going.  Anyone else?

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
  • Total GOE: 17
Re: Who has skaters going to regionals this year?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »
pre Juv Ds  juv DD.. This is her first year and we think midpoint.She would like to get out of QR !

Offline twirly~girls~mom

• Under the Edge
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 01:36:58 PM »
pre Juv Ds  juv DD.. This is her first year and we think midpoint.She would like to get out of QR !

Good luck to them both!

Offline jumpingbeansmom

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 60
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 03:40:03 PM »

That is my skaters goal too!

Offline twirly~girls~mom

• Under the Edge
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 05:47:44 PM »
That is my skaters goal too!

That's a great goal! My dd is a first year intermediate...she's done fairly well this year...we'll see what happens at regionals. I have learned to try to go into it with no expectations. I just hope for her to skate good programs and then we'll see how she does.

Offline dak_rbb

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 2
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 09:56:26 AM »
Our regionals is in about three weeks. My daughter just moved up to juvenile.  She's doing well, but isn't truly competitive at this level yet. If she skates her best, she could make it to the final round which would be exciting.  We'll see what happens.  At this point, I'm already looking forward to that nice time after the season ends when dd can really focus on her elements (that pesky double axel!) and I can relax a bit.

Offline twirly~girls~mom

• Under the Edge
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 04:35:46 PM »
Our regionals is in about three weeks. My daughter just moved up to juvenile.  She's doing well, but isn't truly competitive at this level yet. If she skates her best, she could make it to the final round which would be exciting.  We'll see what happens.  At this point, I'm already looking forward to that nice time after the season ends when dd can really focus on her elements (that pesky double axel!) and I can relax a bit.
Good luck in her first year at regionals! Hope she has a great skate! I agree on looking forward to training time and letting go of the stress of competing for a bit. I am also looking forward to that...plus I love when they get new programs, new music, and most of all, new dresses!  :D