You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

On the Ice > Sitting on the Boards Rink Side

2019 Skating Resolutions

(1/3) > >>

FigureSpins:
Happy New Year!  It's time to look back on your skating-related resolutions from last year/season and make some resolutions for this year!  Note: I know some people are new / start late / prefer to wait until September to make skating resolutions - that's fine - chime in when you're ready.

Here is the 2018 Skating Resolutions thread: http://skatingforums.com/index.php?topic=7435.0

If you did well, resolve to keep doing well.  If you missed the mark, resolve to change things to move forward.

As a former Quality Improvement team member, one of the techniques I use in setting goals is to also set objectives for reaching the goals along with a time frame.  For example:

Goal: Pass Superlative Skating Test 42 before September.
Objectives:

* Hire a coach and take at least one lesson a week towards this test.
* Work out 2-3 times a week, including squats with weights, so the sit spin isn't as painful or high.
* Practice for 2-3 hours/week, focusing on test elements for half of each practice.
* Improve footwork -- see Dance / Moves goal.
* Post in skatingforums' monthly practice thread, to track progress!
That was just a suggestion! 

What's on your list for 2019?

eonice:
Tests. Simple and to the point:

1. Novice moves
2. Preliminary dances

ChristyRN:
My immediate skating goal is to keep skating through all the trying circumstances in my life.  Then to work on Bronze FS, Silver moves, and three competitions: Central Carolina, Dogwood, and Peach. Bronze just needs spins and loop. Silver needs *lots* of practice.

Meli:
1. Finish the practice and competition dresses currently sitting on my sewing table. (I live in the land of unfinished projects.)
2. Toe loop. This is the year, dangit.
3. Scratch spin. Better entry, more speed, more revs, and get off the toepick!
4. One competition. I really want to do three or four, but after last year being a total washout, I'll be happy with just doing my club's comp this spring.
5. Stretch goal: sit spin. I want it, but I really need to do a lot of squats to get there.

LunarSkater:
My goals this year boil down to four things. Everything I want to do fits into one of the overarching ones:
1) Axel
2) Adult Nationals
3) Intermediate Moves
4) Improving skating technique

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page