You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Stars on Ice 2015  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
  • Total GOE: 120
Stars on Ice 2015
« on: March 28, 2015, 10:43:25 PM »
What a day it has been!

Some of the stars skated with the Learn to Skate kids & coaches, giving lessons this morning for 2 hours.  It was a blast, and the kids were very excited.   The stars gave a demonstration too.   I think the kids are going to come to the rink alot more over these next few weeks & months, and are going to remember skating with national champions for the rest of their lives.  Whatever pointer the stars gave probably is worth 1,000 times what their coach says . . . . even if it's the same thing.  Something they will always remember..   After intermission at the real show, a large group of local skaters entertained the crowd with a number, and that was cute.   

The show was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.  The group skating choreography seemed very fresh & new, a little like Ice Cold Combos mixed by a really good dance coach.   The skaters were all very good, top notch, each one a star,  and I'm not going to spoil the show one bit.  Opening number was fabulous too.   I so enjoyed every single number and skater. 

But, I will say one thing about one skater.  I absolutely cried at Katia Gordeeva's solo number during the first half.   Tears down my face, the whole box of Kleenex, ruined mascara type of moment.  The number and she were beautiful.  It is how I will remember Katia forever.

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
Re: Stars on Ice 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:12:27 PM »
A few of my young skater friends skated in the number after intermission. I got to see the video from one of the moms and it looked like it was a great show! :)

Offline ARoo

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 12
Re: Stars on Ice 2015
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 12:06:01 AM »
Ooh!  You must be at Germain Arena!  I saw that on their Facebook page.  My daughter skates there when we are on vacation in Ft. Myers (we come for about 4-6 weeks every year).  It looked like a great time and it would have been so awesome if it would have accidentally coincided with us being down there! Nothing like that will ever happen here!  :)