You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Adult pairs question  (Read 1111 times)

Offline axelwylie

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 131
  • Passed Adult Gold Freestyle - Jan 2014
Adult pairs question
« on: December 18, 2015, 04:02:59 PM »
Two adults at my rink are considering skating pairs. One has tested usfsa (gold freestyle) and one has never tested. If they decided to compete, what level would they start at?

The way the rules are written, it sounds like they would have to start at Silver pairs because the rules for Bronze indicates that the gold level skater isn't eligible. It might also imply that the no-test skater take and pass all the appropriate MITF and Freestyle levels as well.

Is that right, or am I reading the rules incorrectly? (These skaters would not qualify for Centennial pairs)
Join my Skating Fridays blog posts at www.eva-bakes.com

Offline icedancer

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: Adult pairs question
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 04:19:19 PM »
I think you are right - Adult Silver Pairs BUT the skater with no tests would have to pass Adult Bronze Pairs at least to be eligible BUT if their partner had passed the Adult Gold FS it looks like they would have to pass at least Silver FS.

I would say the second skater has a lot of tests to take to be eligible to compete!