You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Skating on holiday? Benidorm  (Read 1120 times)

Offline skatingpasty

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 4
Skating on holiday? Benidorm
« on: August 07, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »
I'm heading to Benidorm next week for 12 days and decided i just can't miss skating :P I know there's a small rink there which isn't far from where we are staying - I think it's just called the 'Benidorm Ice Rink' or something, where the 'La Noria' shopping centre is.
Just out of curiousity, has anyone been before? What's it like, can you actually practise in it or is it too small?

Also any ideas on what to wear, i'll be travelling to the rink by bus so i'll be wearing shorts and t-shirt and then probably changing at the rink, i was considering getting some stir-up tights to wear for skating as my leggings now are like thermals so i will be way to hot (even inside the rink as its like 40 degrees C outside)
Good idea, bad idea? Then either a simple skating skirt or shorts? And a top with elbow length sleeves?
Any ideas?
Working on...
Ⓢⓟⓘⓝⓢ: flying camel, back camel, back sit, layback, change camel/sit, combination spins
Ⓙⓤⓜⓟⓢ: axel preparation
ⓕⓘⓔⓛⓓ ⓜⓞⓥⓔⓢ: Level 1,2 and 3

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: Skating on holiday? Benidorm
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:43:06 AM »
I just googled it, and found a bunch of references plus youtube videos.  You can see people skating on it ...  meanwhile, here's a link with some stuff.

http://www.roundtownnews.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14821&Itemid=9