You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: UK test levels  (Read 2728 times)

Offline lyssykw

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 0
UK test levels
« on: January 09, 2018, 10:33:46 PM »
Ok, this might be a long shot and possibly not posted in the right place.
I was just wondering whether any UK skaters might be able to shed some light on this.
Did you used to compete in the old testing system ( bronze, inter silver, silver, inter gold etc.)? And if so, do you know what the equivalent levels are now?
 I know that it goes from Level 1-10 now and from what I can gather, the old bronze is around Level 5 I think.
I live in Australia now, but don't want to have to re-take any tests that I have already done (albeit a loong time ago!)

Offline Bunny Hop

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 37
Re: UK test levels
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 04:42:18 AM »
Can't answer your question myself as I lived in the UK more recently (and in any case didn't test, although obviously I was aware of the test system), but if nobody here is able to answer you maybe try UK skating forums: http://www.skatingforum.co.uk/

And welcome to skating in Australia!  :)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 01:28:14 PM »
If you contact NISA they should be able to advise you.
NISA may also still have your old records on system which can help refresh your memory of where you are in case you've forgotten one.
I think they revised the system a couple of times before we got to numbers. So Bronze from one year isn't the same as Bronze from another.
However, if you want to compete as an adult, you don't need any tests you select the level most appropriate for your current standard on an honesty system.

Offline lyssykw

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 01:33:03 AM »
Thanks guys! Yes, I have contacted NISA, just awaiting a response. I need something fairly official to present as proof for coaching accreditation.
I do have a record of the tests that I took, but it's just an email with abbreviated descriptions of the levels, so I thought I may need to find out what the levels mean now.

Offline beginner skater

• Synchro Stompin'
  • Total GOE: 6
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 06:12:34 AM »
There's a fb group called questions for the NISA board, it actually looks like a rebel grp about NiSA management  but it has a lot of v informed people and I have seen similar questions there  and advice given. HTH