I am coming back to skating as well. I always thought it was a 4 year break but it really was nearly 6 years.
Before that I skated for 2 years (started with the ripe old age of 32... never skated as a kid)
So my goals are:
- get part of my skating back. WHen I left off I could do crossovers, all forward 3-turns and jumps up to single loop (although not great), some spins etc
- backward outside three-turn
- better edges
- get at least the waltz jump and salchow back (waltz jump already works)
I only have another 5 weeks of ice before all the rinks close but I will do a summer camp in the Czech Republic in June
for the off season (1st of April - 31.August):
- ballet class once a week as a beginner
- running at least twice a week
- off ice workout strength training
and lose at least 20 pounds...