You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: R Fit Insoles by Riedell  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
  • Total GOE: 120
R Fit Insoles by Riedell
« on: November 15, 2016, 01:42:49 PM »
About 3 years ago, I spent $700 on custom orthotic inserts for my new Edeas that didn't support my footbed.    Finally, those Edeas wore out and I chose to go back to my old Harlicks, which are in fairly good condition.   My Harlicks would give me some footbed issues too, but not like the Edeas.   I'd cramp a little about 5 minutes into skating.  Well, today was my first day in the Harlicks and I had no foot issues.  I bought the R Fit Insoles and put in the high arch system.  It's an insole with velcro attachments like pronation, arch, metatarsal supports.   Anyway, I skating an hour with no foot pain.  So, for $50, it's a another alternative for those of you with foot issues.  I recommend the R Fit. :WS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwszeNNWQfE

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: R Fit Insoles by Riedell
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 05:01:00 PM »
I've got a pair of those to try out, but I'm doing okay now with my superfeet. I'm afraid to change. But it's good to hear they work well.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 06:59:29 PM »
Which color did you get?   I was confused because the men's yellow has women's sizing on it, but their product said that the berry color was better for women. But, the berry was a high profile and I was afraid it would take up too much room in my skates.     Superset ended up being too confusing.  But, that arch support looks mighty nice!

Offline icedancer

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »
I was wondering how they compared with Superfeet - which I like but they are too much for my one boot right now so I am just using the leather insoles that come with the boots.

Will probably see if my pro shop guy has a pair I can take a look at.  I know he was really into the Superfeet at one point.

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 07:05:59 PM »
I can't compare to Superfeet because I never had them.   But, the R Fit fit nicely in my Harlicks.  I just had to trim the toe to my insole length.  They are not as hard & inflexible as my custom orthotics, but they did the trick.

There are a few Youtubes on them so you can see it.

Offline tothepointe

• Dust Bunny Hopping
  • Total GOE: 5
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:12:49 PM »
I had the yellow superfeet and just switched into the R Fit. Love the R Fit so much better. I found the plastic arch support on the Superfeet too stiff and in the wrong place and ended up removing that part and just skating on the yellow insole which kinda defeats the purpose of paying for the Superfeet.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »
I had the yellow superfeet and just switched into the R Fit. Love the R Fit so much better. I found the plastic arch support on the Superfeet too stiff and in the wrong place and ended up removing that part and just skating on the yellow insole which kinda defeats the purpose of paying for the Superfeet.

The yellow superfeet are designed so they allow the boots to dry out. That's a plus.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Query

• Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 10:34:15 AM »
It's nice that it looks so rapidly and reversably adjustable. So you can experiment very easily.

Tut the adjustments are nothing you couldn't do yourself with a few pennies of tape or foam, or maybe some sandpaper to remove thickness from your current insoles.

There are only 3 amounts of adjustment for each area - neutral, low and high. Feet vary so much that that can't be enough for everyone.

Also, tape or foam can also adjust fit - by placing material alongside your foot, or varying total thickness.

Of course, you could add tape or foam to R-Fit too - but if you are willing to experiment enough to do that, you might as well start with something cheaper than R-Fit, like a piece of carpet foam (closed cell if your feet get cold, open celled if your feet get hot and sweaty), or perhaps thin paper or cardboard if you need more space.

Another insole device that is sort of interesting is the Dr. Scholl's Footmapping Kiosks (U.S. store locations here.) While it too gives limited adjustment (it picks one of their commercial orthotics), it has the advantage of figuring out for you what you need. (As with R-Fit, you have to trim the orthotic to fit your current insole.) I think some people (especially some kids) feel pain, but lack the analytic skills to figure out where they need more or less support. And apparently some people, with conditions like "diabetic feet", don't feel pain, but still need adjustment to avoid health problems.