You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Any luck with Edeas and chronic Peroneal Tendinitis?  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Andrea.Spencer-Kemler

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 3
Any luck with Edeas and chronic Peroneal Tendinitis?
« on: June 01, 2016, 10:09:19 PM »
Hi, everyone! Have my first comp next weekend, (yea!! Adult Beginner Compulsory!), and while I'm feeling super-solid and not nervous about it, I have been having flare-ups of chronic Peroneal tenidinitis in my landing and launching foot, (right foot lander, CCW jumper so my launching foot for flip and loop). Read several articles about Peroneal tenidinitis in the medical community, (I'm a Board-Certified Family Nurse Practitioner), and each article mentions finding boots that will allow for more ankle flexibility and natural movement to maintain he integrity of the tendon and prevent compression neuropathy. So...Edea came to mind and the comp that I'm attending next weekend will have an Edea fitter there. Any thoughts? Yea or nay...? Good idea...? Thanks so much!

Offline Live2Sk8

• Divot Maker
  • Total GOE: 29
Re: Any luck with Edeas and chronic Peroneal Tendinitis?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:24:44 AM »
I know absolutely nothing about this topic but wanted to wish you good luck in your first competition!  Hope you have a lot of fun.  Enjoy your time on the ice!

Offline DressmakingMomma

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 24
Re: Any luck with Edeas and chronic Peroneal Tendinitis?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:13:07 AM »
I don't know anything about Peroneal tendinitis but my daughter wears Edea ice flies and has sensitive feet. It seems like the combination of very stiff sides and a fiberglass/nylon sole exaggerates any foot issues she has. This is both good and bad in that the first couple of months are brutal but once we get them shaped correctly and build up the sole with various materials, she is very happy. Her Edeas offer great forward flexibly - more then any of the other boots she has been in and she really likes the lower cut backstay.

Good luck next weekend!