You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: World Artistic Roller Skating Champs On Now. Free Live Streaming.  (Read 2250 times)

Offline riley876

• BladeLock
  • AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 26

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: World Artistic Roller Skating Champs On Now. Free Live Streaming.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 06:47:52 PM »
I see some skating tricks that you can't do on ice (like spinning on the back wheels).

BTW, you're not the only roller skater on the boards.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline riley876

• BladeLock
  • AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 26
Re: World Artistic Roller Skating Champs On Now. Free Live Streaming.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:34:25 PM »
BTW, you're not the only roller skater on the boards.

LOL, I'm not even that,  though Coach Roller Dance would be over the moon if I showed up in quads, I'm sure.   I know there's a few artistic inline people here, but I was under the impression it was almost universally considered "the least worst alternative to ice skating".   (So, if you're here on wheels by choice speak up!)

I see some skating tricks that you can't do on ice (like spinning on the back wheels).

I think you could spin on the heel corner of an ice skate.  It wouldn't be inherently stable like a normal dragged-drag-pick spin,  but with practice I can't see why it couldn't be done, at least for a few revolutions.

They *ARE* inordinately proud of their travelling 3-turns-into-twizzle-into-camel thing.   Coach Roller Dance made a big show at a LTS of showing it off, and telling all that it's something you can't do on ice (which I'm personally not convinced of).