You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Standard Skate Drying/Storage Wall Racks  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Total GOE: 369
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
Standard Skate Drying/Storage Wall Racks
« on: July 10, 2014, 09:15:19 AM »
For sale are a smaller, painted versions of skate drying/storage wall racks. I'm currently asking $45 for the painted versions + $15 shipping (domestic). I plan to offer unpainted versions later so you can match whatever décor you wish.

These will allow more air circulation than skates stored on the floor to help dry them, and will reduce blade rust (and rust is the reason that I made the first one for myself)

The first one offered is a mint green rack with very light-colored maple pegs...

The second one is finished with a deep red color with oak pegs. It's a sultry combination for the Carmens out there...

The racks mount to the wall, and hold the skates by the blades on the pegs.

If you have non-standard blades, I'm unsure how it will work. There is more information about the development of these racks, with photos, posted on this board in this thread... http://skatingforums.com/index.php?topic=5865.0

If you are interested in either of these, send a message via this board or reply to this thread. Payment via PayPal is preferred, but I'm open to other possibilities.
Bill Schneider

Offline Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
Re: Standard Skate Drying/Storage Wall Racks
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 01:45:17 PM »
I've added a few more in different colors. They are all $45 + $15 shipping/handling (domestic).

First is a "Coastal Blue" painted rack with oak pegs. It's a handsome, understated combination that should appeal to adults.

Next is a "Coral Crush" painted rack with very pale maple pegs. It's lively and won't disappear on the wall.

Last for now is a trendy "Crushed Oregano" green color. It would look good against a pure white wall, not the warm white paper background against which this photo is made.

I have a pale blue rack underway, but I'm out of pegs. I'll post pictures of it and of the unpainted kits when I have the new pegs.

Just reply to this thread or send a private message via this board if you want more information or wish to purchase one. I prefer PayPal for payment.

Bill Schneider

Offline Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
Re: Standard Skate Drying/Storage Wall Racks
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »
I've sold a number of these at the local level, but I'm shutting down production. Here's a photo of a recently-made pale blue rack with maple pegs for sale. I have two of these on hand. Racks in the other colors shown above are also available, but I have only one of each on hand.

These will make nice gifts for coaches and skaters as the holiday season approaches. The cost remains $45 + $15 shipping.

For the avid DIYer, I have a couple rack kits available too. Paint it your favorite color, or stain it to suite. The material is Baltic Birch plywood. They are $35 each, shipped for free.

I still have two Premium hardwood racks for sale (walnut and cherry) as seen in this thread...

http://skatingforums.com/index.php?topic=6033.0

Mounting instructions are here... http://www.afterness.com/skating/images/skate_rack_mount_instructions.pdf

PayPal is preferred.
Bill Schneider