You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Summer of Excellence  (Read 3347 times)

Offline PhysicsOnIce

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 292
Summer of Excellence
« on: April 11, 2014, 04:56:50 AM »
Hi everyone,
So in SKATING mag, there was an announcement for the Summer of Excellence 2014 training Camp. Frank Carroll is the head coach for the camp.
I have spoken with the Camp director and the camp is open to adults, but it is divided into skill groups rather than age groups.
I'm seriously considering attending, but just wanted to let everyone know about it.

http://www.toyotasportscenter.com/page/show/32461
Let your heart and soul guide your blades

Offline Rachelsk8s

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 23
  • I'm probably skating......
Re: Summer of Excellence
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 07:34:23 PM »
This looks amazing!! I think I saw the ad in Skating magazine also, if I lived on the west coast I would so go!! Let us know how you like it if you go :)

Offline PhysicsOnIce

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 06:15:18 AM »
I just spoke with my coach and the time period of the camp is exactly the time where she is gone on vacation and our rink will be closed for summer maintenance !!! So, I'll definitely be going.

Offline LKnomad

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
My son and his partner (ages 9 and 12) are going as well! Not adults but hey still thought I would post.

Offline ChristyRN

• Salchow-a-Bunga!
  • Total GOE: 184
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 10:37:37 AM »
I'm flying to Orange County to visit my DD and watch my DGS while DD takes the CA bar exam. I arrive the 25th. Should I ask them to change the camp dates or should I ask the Bar to change the exam dates??   :o
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with one gorgeous redhead.  (Lucille Ball)

Offline PhysicsOnIce

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:54:01 PM »
Option three is you stay a little longer in CA and come skate the first week..... :)

Offline ChristyRN

• Salchow-a-Bunga!
  • Total GOE: 184
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 05:36:57 PM »
Option three is you stay a little longer in CA and come skate the first week..... :)

That would be an awesome plan except that I didn't ask for the time off in triplicate three months ago. And my work unit has a pretty strict "one week  only" vacation policy from Memorial to Labor Day. We only allow six off at a time and have over 100 employees. You do the math--6 employees x 11 weeks = 66 slots. Lots of staff don't get a summer vacation.

I need to win the lottery so that I work because I want to, not because I have to.   :laugh:
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with one gorgeous redhead.  (Lucille Ball)

Offline PhysicsOnIce

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 03:52:08 AM »
That would be an awesome plan except that I didn't ask for the time off in triplicate three months ago. And my work unit has a pretty strict "one week  only" vacation policy from Memorial to Labor Day. We only allow six off at a time and have over 100 employees. You do the math--6 employees x 11 weeks = 66 slots. Lots of staff don't get a summer vacation.

I need to win the lottery so that I work because I want to, not because I have to.   :laugh:

Wow, I am spolied. That seems like a super strict vacation policy....I am sorry to hear that.

As for the lottery, I TOTALLY AGREE! :WS: