You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: My figure skating blog  (Read 1540 times)

Offline dandoona1998

• Ice skating is my life :)
  • Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
My figure skating blog
« on: September 05, 2012, 06:11:59 AM »
So i thought I would make a blog about my figure skating journey , I know it's kind of a stupid idea but It would be really great if you can check it out  http://my-figure-skating-journey.blogspot.com/  I also wrote a little paragraph about skating .

I wrote this in 10 minutes so don't judge too hard please but still tell me what you think

The power of the ice
It’s When you slide on that ice , when you feel  the cool breeze on your cheeks , When you smell that fresh ice , when you hear the sound of your blades going through the ice , When you see the white glossy pure ice and especially when you forget about everything else , when nothing else matters , when you feel that freedom , when you express yourself on the ice , when you feel that power , That is when you know you are a figure skater .It may be just frozen water for some people but for you it contains the power and joy you can’t find anywhere else .Figure skating may seem easy and effortless on the T.V screen but it takes 15 years of intense practice , coaching , determination and passion to land that triple axel but it all pays off when you perform it in front of millions of people and see them enjoy it .Figure skating is the combination of many sports because it needs the patience of a golfer , speed of a speed skater , grace of a ballerina , flexibility and balance of a gymnast , agility of an archer , artistry of a painter and finally the strength of a hockey player and it also needs proper coaching ,the perfect boot with the right ankle stiffness matching the perfect blade that has the toe pick that meets your needs ,multiple hours of practice each and every day , motivation from friends and family to keep you going when you have a bad day , loads of money ,and finally commitment and dedication .Figure skaters may seem fragile but they are some of the strongest people there are .If you decide to take up figure skating then make sure you are able to afford it and commit to it .