You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Capezio tights?  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Landing~Lutzes

• Zamboni Driver
  • Total GOE: 10
Anyone familiar with Capezio tights?
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:20:20 PM »
I found a great deal on OTB tights on dancefactoryoutet.com.  I am needing a new pair of tights for competition and DFO carries Capezio.  Am very pale and not sure whether to get the color "nude" or "suntan". Is anyone familiar with either of these shades?,Thanks!

Offline icefrog

• Flippin' Flutzstrated
  • Total GOE: 8
Re: Anyone familiar with Capezio tights?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:28:39 PM »
I got a pair on ebay for a very nice price and I am not sure what the official color is called, but they have a reddish tone to them similar to red clay. I use them as the under tights (I always wear 2 pairs) because the color is off from my skin tone I would look weird. Just my experience ymmv.

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 10:36:12 PM »
Nude is much lighter than suntan but I think it's a weird color... you might like it, or you might not, I think it looks a little flat.  I think it would look best over a pair of darker suntan tights.. which are a very weird almost "spray tan" color.. you probably don't want that.

Are there any dance stores locally where you could go see the colors in person?

I think Mondor's "light tan" is one of the best tights colors.. it's more natural than some.

Offline Orianna2000

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 22
    • Yesterday's Thimble
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:56:24 AM »
I have a couple pairs of Capezio tights. Nude is lighter than suntan. It's still fairly dark, though. Better than suntan, definitely, but not as light as I would prefer, being a redhead with photosensitivity. I'm not sure there are any skating tights that are light enough, unless you layer a pair of ivory or porcelain-colored pantyhose over them.

Be warned that the back waist seam of the Capezio tights is thick and ridged. I don't know why they did that, but it's uncomfortable for me. Digs into my skin and leaves a gouge. Not everyone is sensitive to that sort of thing, though.

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
The lightest tights I have are euroskins heavyweight body tights in "suntan" (they're lighter than the normal tights for some reason)... but they're not OTB and they have seams on the inside of the leg, which is a deal breaker for some people.

I'm also a pale redhead and they're the closest I've found.  Mondor's "light tan" is a close second but they are darker.

Offline chowskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 33
    • ChowSkates
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 11:25:53 PM »
I use Capezio "Suntan", and it works well for me. It is a bit darker than some skaters like, but from what I can tell the "Nude" is not very much lighter either.