You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Does this dress match the music?  (Read 2761 times)

Offline 1210

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 7
Does this dress match the music?
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:15:09 AM »
Oh the joys of trying to get my first competition ( and at an expedited rate, I must say. ) Not enough time to have a custom made by our dress deisgner and no go-to shops in my area. So, I'm going to order online, and I think I found a dress that would work. It's a Chloe Noel dress with stoning...I have several CN practice dresses that all fit great, so at least I know it will fit my body. BUT, do you think it will fit my music, and do you think it's "flashy" enough for competition? All the girls I see at my rink have these extravagant dresses, but I really wanted something simple. I've always felt the simpler the dress, the more people will pay attention to your skating instead of getting distracted by your dress. That, or I am just boring lol.

Anyways, here is my music:

Here is the dress I am wanting to order: http://www.shop.kinziescloset.com/Figure-Skating-Dress-Chloe-Noel-Long-Sleeve-DVL04-CNDVL04.htm
I plan to get it in either the pink or light blue.

This is the stoning I plan to have done: http://www.shop.kinziescloset.com/images/1297702483465596696511.jpeg

What do you think? Yay? Ney? I'm open to all opinions and ideas.

Offline 1210

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 7
Re: Does this dress match the music?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:17:50 AM »

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 08:03:46 AM »
My DD has that Chloe dress; it moves beautifully on the ice, and the skirt is very very very well cut.  So, the dress itself is beautiful.  However, I would go for one of the darker colours if you can; the black or the turquoise that it also comes in.  The pink sort of fades into the ice under the arena ice. A darker colour would look more dramatic and adult.

I don't care for the Rebel dress. It just looks - odd, and a bit dated? If that makes sense? 

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 08:35:02 AM »
Agree with Sk8mum on both counts.  

The royal blue in the first dress would be good.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 08:36:23 AM »
I agree completely wit Sk8tmum.  I like the Chloe dress, I think pink is okay, but an adult would look better in the black (unless you have an excellent figure, baby pink is hard to pull off- and it will fade into the ice.)

I don't care for the Rebel dress.

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 10:55:20 AM »
I greatly dislike the Rebel dress.

I like the CN dress - ITA with a more vibrant color than lt blue or pink. 

While you might not want a "showy" dress, you also don't want to fade into the background. 

I wouldn't worry too much about a dress going perfectly with the music.  I was really hung up on that idea but ended up with a dress that wasn't what people would assume would go, but it has worked out very well price wise and with scores and she has a versatile dress that she will probably wear next season as well.

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 11:27:17 AM »
I think either dress will work fine (I did consider buying the Rebel dress myself when it went on sale). The Rebel dress does have a longer skirt, though-- you might want to factor that into your decision.

I'm not sure about the music being suited to darker colors. It seems that it fits brighter colors, but you have to check your rink if the color would blend too well with the ice.

Offline Live2Sk8

• Divot Maker
  • Total GOE: 29
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
Not really on topic but I LOVE your choice of music!  I think it will make a wonderful program.  Have fun with the choreography and learning it!  I like the Chloe Noel dresses better than the Rebel dress.  I think the light colors will be nice - the music is very lively and I don't think a dark color would be as suitable.