You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Shock absorption on landing  (Read 2728 times)

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Shock absorption on landing
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:01:13 PM »
To quote Jill from the blades thread

I don't know why the landings are so much worse on the Riedells... are superfeet shock absorbing insoles?  If not where can you get shock-absorbing insoles?!

I was wondering about the same question on shock absorption as well... Good skating technique is always the best, but is there anything equipment could compensate along with superfeet insole?

Thank you everyone!

Offline katz in boots

• Homologating Quadrubles
  • Total GOE: 9
Re: Shock absorption on landing
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 04:27:47 AM »
I have superfeet Grey, which are designed for figure skates, and they are great.  Are they shock-absorbing? I don't know.  I've worn Graf galaxy boots, they broke in really quickly, heat-moulding helped a lot.  I wore superfeet with them too.

I'm no expert, but I've never come across anyone who needed shock-absorption. But then, around here, there's very few doing doubles.  Are you doing triples? 

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
Re: Shock absorption on landing
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 04:35:11 AM »
FWIW, the Jackson Elites have a "shock absorbing footbed."  I meant the over-the-counter sports insoles that are called "shock absorbing."  I think Superfeet insoles are shock-absorbing, at least the basketball versions.

Most people only change the insole if the skate's sized wrong or if they need more cushioning/support/correction.
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright