You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Non-Zuca bags?  (Read 10434 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Re: Non-Zuca bags?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »
Update: While getting out my old bag, I found a smaller rolling backpack in the garage that was abandoned by the kids when they got their Zuca bags. 

I can fit my skates, guards, etc. inside along with my portfolio and a few training tools.  I'm going to use this for the foreseeable future and keep my equipment and reference manuals in a separate tote to bring in from the car when needed.  It's nice to have wheels that turn freely and these work really well!  Best of all, the price was right.  (Free!)
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline Bunny Hop

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 37
Re: Non-Zuca bags?
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 11:09:26 PM »
At the moment, I use a Riedell backpack. It also has wheels and a handle, and I find it useful because I can carry it or wheel it. It also holds everything I need like skates, gloves, hair ties, etc. Here is what my bag looks like: http://www.ice.riedellskates.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductName=Pullman-Skate-Bag
My husband is on his second Riedell backpack. Also very good, although a bit expensive. His first bag did many overseas trips (NOT with his skates in it, he packed those in a hard suitcase, used the backpack for clothes and other things and then swapped his skates into it once at his destination), until it finally died from being chucked around by baggage handlers a few too many times. Second one is going strong though, and likely to last a lot longer now that he doesn't travel so much.
Quote from: VAs8tr
Do you guys with transpacks have the Transpack Ice or the larger one intended for rollerblades and larger skates?
I don't know the model of mine, but it holds everything I need for a trip to the rink including a warm jacket. If I'm changing clothes for work I do tend to take a separate bag as well so that my work clothes don't get crushed, and so I can also carry a makeup bag, brush and so on.