*scratches head* No other reports since last Friday?
I started personal training today. D: ... after a 1 1/2 hour skating session. PFFT
1) 5 minute rowing machine warm-up
2) 2 sets: 12 reps of passing a swiss ball between hands and legs followed by 12 crunches with the swiss ball between the legs
3) 2 sets/12 reps of leg press
4) 2 sets/12 reps of upside-down BOSU ball squats with overhead dumbell press
5) Bunny hops over 4 flights of stairs
6) Cool down and stretching
7) SWIMMING POOL AND HOT TUB! OH YEAH!
I was surprised about what I could do, because 1) I didn't do cross-training with 2-3 times a week of figure skating and 2) I didn't do these things the last time I had a fitness streak. That's probably why I plateaued.
The BOSU ball will be my drill sergeant. If I want steel-like spins, I have to work on stability. DX
Also, I looked up off-ice training workouts. Apparently, Johnny Weir does this:
What is up with the top exercise?! Do we have to look ridiculous to ice skate...?!
... oh wait a moment.
Oh those lovely sparkly costumes.