You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Over the heel pants- for a short skater  (Read 9945 times)

Offline morgail

• Ice Warrior
  • Total GOE: 10
Re: Over the heel pants- for a short skater
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 03:56:29 PM »
I got the Six-O over the heel pants in XL when I was much heavier (about 175).  I'm 5'3".  Any smaller and they wouldn't have looked very good around my waist!  I didn't have any extra fabric that bunched up around the ankles or knees, which is something I'm always afraid of.  I lost more weight, and by the time I hit the 150s, a large would have been a better size.

These are the pants:  http://www.northerniceanddance.com/store_/sixo-over-heel-pants-p-973.html

You can see them on me in this video: http://www.youtube.com/user/morgail#p/u/6/D7QlWdkqTkE
Author of BREAKING THE ICE (Aladdin/Simon & Schuster), a figure skating novel for ages 8-12.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 04:08:43 PM »
Thanks- that's useful.

I've now found a place that sells the fabric that a lot of these pants use (PolarTec Power Stretch) and also the UnderArmour FrostyTight fabric, so I might try to make them myself.  I bet that doesn't work out...lol

Offline chowskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 33
    • ChowSkates
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »
Are the NY2 spiral pants a similar material to the Chloe spiral pants?

No, not at all. The ny2 spiral pants are a similar to the "polar fleece" material for Chloe Noel (I think it was very recently that CN made pants of that material)

Offline Skate@Delaware

• Chock Full of Lilty Goodness
  • Total GOE: 61
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »
Thanks- that's useful.

I've now found a place that sells the fabric that a lot of these pants use (PolarTec Power Stretch) and also the UnderArmour FrostyTight fabric, so I might try to make them myself.  I bet that doesn't work out...lol
I have a source for the power stretch but not for the frosty-tight stuff...please divulge!!!! I was at the outlet store and could not find a pair long enough for my legs (and to go over the tops of my boots) without being too big in the legs....major fit problems (either they fit in one place and are too big/tight in another)...I refuse to diet anymore lol!

I need to make more pants, another excuse to sew  ;D
Avoiding the Silver Moves Mohawk click-of-death!!!

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 05:01:09 PM »
http://www.rockywoods.com/Fabrics-Kits/Under-Armour-ColdGear

It says "limited quantity" don't buy it all before I get some!

BTW- do you have a leggings pattern that you like?  A few people told me to look for one that has 2 seams, but most seem to only have 1 seam.

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 12:53:07 AM »
No, not at all. The ny2 spiral pants are a similar to the "polar fleece" material for Chloe Noel (I think it was very recently that CN made pants of that material)

Shame. It sounds like they might be too warm for me. I was hoping it was the same just different colour options (and cheaper prices). I might stick to Chloes for my next pair.