You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Leggings with pads  (Read 2407 times)

Offline miraclegro

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 1
Leggings with pads
« on: February 14, 2011, 07:16:26 PM »
Hey guys,

I have seen these leggings where they have the built-in padding in them, but don't know where to get them.  The ones i am thinking of have almost a segmente looking padding in places, such as the hips (strips of foam across, i suppose).  Where to order?  Cost?  Is it worth it?

Thanks

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: Leggings with pads
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »
They're made by Jerry's  (www.jerryskate.com), and are easily available in Canada, at least.  I'd check the dealers that Jerry's lists to see if the ones that are in your area carry them; if you want to buy them cross-border, then, skatingboutique.com carries the full range.  You can also get Canadian pricing there.

However, we found that the Skating Safe ultra crash pads worked way better, with the added benefit that they are discreet, can be worn in competition, and are easy to keep clean (plus no problem fitting them in a skate bag). The knee ones in particular can be invaluable.

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:38:04 PM »
Another vote for skatingsafe gel pads. Keeping them in place has been an issue for some though, depending on specific tights or leggings. I personally use retainer sleeves with pants.

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 08:30:29 AM »
The newer crash pad shorts look like armour, lol.  I think you'd be better off with skatingsafe pads tucked inside the tights.
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline Hanca

• Prerotation Society
  • Total GOE: 9
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:55:36 PM »

Offline Sk8Dreams

• CER-B
  • Quintuple Salflutzchow
  • Total GOE: 70
  • On Edge
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 07:58:58 PM »
Another vote for skatingsafe gel pads. Keeping them in place has been an issue for some though, depending on specific tights or leggings. I personally use retainer sleeves with pants.

I also love my SkatingSafe gel knee pads.  I orient them so the narrower end is up, smear a drop or two of water on the surface that will touch my skin, and place them under my tights.  They "settle" quickly, and then never budge.  Occasionally, I'll have to reach down and pull one up or make an adjustment, but that's always in the first 10 minutes, before I've left the house.  If your pads are big enough to cover your knees in that orientation, you won't need the retention sleeves to hold them in place.
My glass is half full :)