You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Job offer- full-time skating coach (in France!)  (Read 6257 times)

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
Job offer- full-time skating coach (in France!)
« on: March 18, 2022, 05:49:23 AM »
Hello everyone,

Our club is looking for a third full-time, permanent coach.  Full-time in France translates to 35 hours/week.  Since Covid, we've undergone some staffing and structural changes and the club is in a really great place.  We are approaching 200 skaters (including ~110 LTS).  The system is different here- I'm happy to talk with anyone about it, but the crux is you're tied to one club (based at one rink). So there's no need to travel to multiple rinks to find students and you'd have a garanteed monthly salary.  There are no private lessons, everything is managed as a group with personalized corrections.  There is also one coach each for physical training, floor dance coach and  mental preparation. During the covid rink closures the board made it a priority to keep paying our coaches so that, with help from the federal government they were getting close to, if not their full monthly salaries (this was not obligatory in France- we take good care of our coaching staff).  The atmosphere in the club is great.  Moreover, Brest is a fantastic city in a wonderful region of France.  Cost of living is here is low and the quality of life  is high.

This is a good postition, in a friendly, upbeat club. 

Our club has only done dance (singles and couples) for a good number of years, and the announcement reflects that.  BUT we would be very interested in bringing in a coach with Freestyle background. We also have a three synchro teams, and are developing a new discipline called IceCross. 

The link to the announcement is below (we're Brest- the first announcement), and I'd be happy to talk to you about the job itself, discuss diploma equivalencies (we sould be able to make something work with PSA accredations), and life in France and specifically Brest.  The candidate does need to have some French. 

Feel free to pass this around outside of these Forums, and please DM me with any questions!

https://csndg.org/Offre_demande_emploi/offre_demande.htm

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
Re: Job offer- full-time skating coach (in France!)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 01:02:56 PM »
It sounds like a really fun club. I hope you find a good coach. Sounds like a great situation.

BTW there already is an "IceCross" sport: downhill ice skating under high speed conditions, in full hockey gear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrEOnUmnA8A&t=168s

But that doesn't sound like what most figure skating clubs would do.

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
Re: Job offer- full-time skating coach (in France!)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 11:49:49 AM »
Query- where do you think they learn to do that?  That's exactly what we're developing in our club.  Its really popular too.