You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Jackson Fusion Line Anyone?  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Sibelius

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 1
Jackson Fusion Line Anyone?
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:36:58 PM »
Just looked at the Jackson website and saw they have a new subcategory of boots and skates with a new sole.  Called the Fusion line.  They offer the look of the Debut (nickel hooks, crystals) in the Elle and Freestyle skate/blade models, as well as a new softer Debut Std. (same stiffness as the Freestyle) and a Debut Firm, both boot only.  I asked some coaches a bit ago and all said the Debut was MUCH too stiff for my little skater, so maybe they found they needed to soften it up a bit.

Anyone seen one of these yet?  I've marked my calendar to when I have to order new boots (soon).  I like the idea of a lighter boot for my teeny skater, as well as a boot only option.  The photos are kind of meh, the sole looks like a rubber mat.  From the description that kind of sounds like what it is.  Found a youtube video from Jackson touting it as a lighter, more shock absorbing material.  Frankly it looks like a cost cutter, probably much cheaper than the LCL they currently use.  I can't find any prices on them yet.

Tried to add a link and a photo but failed.  :-[

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
Re: Jackson Fusion Line Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »
I can't speak to these specifically but I can tell you that in general the new Jackson sole is carbon fiber with a layer of rubber.

Offline Sibelius

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 07:01:49 PM »
I think that's only on the 5XXX boots, Supreme and Elite.  Those carbon soles look pretty nice, this gray sole looks different.  I'll have to wait and see one in person.  I'd sacrifice some style for a little weight reduction and more shock absorption.  Hopefully her fitter will get one in stock soon, he had the first Debut models well before they were released, that's how we knew how stiff they really were.

Offline Sibelius

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:50:49 AM »
Debut Fusion information from Jackson:

Our Fusion Debut skates are available now and our Fusion outfits will be available later next month.

The difference in our Debut Firm versus our Debut Standard is approxiamtely 10 percent.  The Standard version will feature support between what our Elle and Freestyle model provide.  Our Firm version provides more support for those looking for a boot comparable to our Competitor support.

Our microfiber skates are made with the same internal materials that allow for modification using Heat Molding and stretching. 

Offline CTCat

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
  • Former competitive skater turned skating mom
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 09:26:03 PM »
These are very intriguing.  Does anyone know pro shops in the DC area that carry the Fusion line (particularly the Debut Fusion Standard in girls sizes)?  I have not seen them at Fairfax Ice Arena.