You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Jersey On Ice (TLC 12/12/12)  (Read 10043 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Re: Jersey On Ice (TLC 12/12/12)
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
Did you check youtube first?  A lot of the time, you can find shows in pieces that others have uploaded. 

I don't think JOI is going to be picked up as a a series.  As I said before, I felt like they were acting differently than they do in real life.  I would like to see a real-life series of skaters from different walks of life profiled instead of these feeding frenzies that reality TV brings.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline Kitten23

• Future Adult National Champion
  • Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 12
Re: Jersey On Ice (TLC 12/12/12)
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 12:15:04 PM »
So I paid my $2.00 to see this program first hand.  Allow me to apologize to the public for the antics of these women.  I am a native born, raised and educated  New Yorker.  I have NEVER in my life met anyone who acted like this, ever!  I am apologizing because a lot of people believe New Yorkers and New Jersey natives act like this; we don't.

These coaches were so outrageous that I started shouting at my computer.  If your child is having a lesson, butt-out and let the coach do her job. 

The competition they were talking about is one I used to participate in: it's an OPEN ISI competition in Lake Placid.  It's a lot of fun, several long days and usually a lot of snow.  What it isn't is a qualifying competition.  There is no reason to "make it" to Lake Placid; you just go.  It's a team competition, and naturally everyone wants the team to do well.  In the end, I found the largest team "wins" because they collect the most number of points due to the number of competitors in each category.  (My old team once came in 10th and we were thrilled.  I did 4 or 5 events myself!) 

The show, which wasn't picked up for additional episodes, depicts skating coaches as loudmouth, screaming, hormonal horrors who shouldn't be around children.  I'm glad this was the only episode; if I had children in this program, I would pull them out faster than you could blink.

I can only describe this as HORRIBLE!!!! :o
Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

http://competitiveadultfigureskater.blogspot.com/