You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Foot Savers for off-ice stretching/foot health  (Read 2149 times)

Offline rd350

• Glides at Will
  • Total GOE: 8
Foot Savers for off-ice stretching/foot health
« on: July 19, 2014, 10:51:34 AM »
Hi skaters!  I wanted to share my re-discovery of foot savers.  They're half ball/domes you can use to release the muscles and fascia in your feet.  I used to use them a lot (I have a physical therapy background) and just restarted after restarting skating a few months ago (and breaking my big toe right before that).  They are perfect for releasing the muscles and fascia in my feet.  They also can help mobilize some of the joints in the feet.

Here's a video demonstrating the Foot Savers.

I have no connection to Yamuna at all.  Just loving these stretches.

Here's a link to the Foot Savers with video.  I don't have the video.  Not sure if they're sold without it or if I just got that being in the profession.  It was a long time ago.

http://yamunabodyrolling.com/store/body_focus/feet/index.php?show_item=24

Working on Silver MITF and Bronze Freestyle

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
Re: Foot Savers for off-ice stretching/foot health
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 10:59:11 PM »
Any idea whether doing something like this would help prevent foot cramps?  I appear to be prone to them…  The foot savers + video seem a bit pricy, but I might look for something similar.

Offline rd350

• Glides at Will
  • Total GOE: 8
Re: Foot Savers for off-ice stretching/foot health
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:13:27 PM »
They could help, as long as it's hydration, circulation, or mineral imbalance/issue.

Are you stretching as well?  See if you can find the Foot Savers without the video or call and see if you can order it that way.

I'm prone to cramping too but these help me, especially if I use them at the rink right after taking my skates off.
Working on Silver MITF and Bronze Freestyle