You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Risport size?  (Read 4838 times)

Offline Sk8erMario

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
Risport size?
« on: May 28, 2020, 04:58:00 AM »
Hello beautiful people,

I'm thinking about buying the Risport Royal Pro boots + Snow White (inline skates) as I started to really feel the shortage of ice, but I'm not sure which size I should get.

I've recently measured my feet: my right foot is ~285mm in length (248mm in width) and my left foot is ~282mm in length (245mm in width). Which boot size would you recommend? I'm debating between 290C and 295C.

I currently have Edea Ice Fly (size 295) for my ice skates. I think they are a little too long (by like 5mm), but I have wider feet with a high arch (so the width is a little small) and I've never tried the Risport boots.

Hope you're all healthy and staying active.

Online Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Total GOE: 370
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
Re: Risport size?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 07:25:53 AM »
You really should seek the assistance of a fitter in a skate shop for the best results. They know how to adjust for the "personality" of each manufacturers' boots for the best fit.

However, if you want to take your chances with online shopping, then I'd pay attention to how a good online seller suggests measuring for size. Here's one example for Risport boots from a USA seller named Kinzie's Closet...

https://www.kinziescloset.com/risport-skate-sizing-chart.html

Really, a good fitter will be your best bet. Try to find one to visit in person (when you can do it safely) for the best results.
Bill Schneider

Offline Sk8erMario

• Wearing Rental Skates
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 11:42:46 AM »
You really should seek the assistance of a fitter in a skate shop for the best results. They know how to adjust for the "personality" of each manufacturers' boots for the best fit.

However, if you want to take your chances with online shopping, then I'd pay attention to how a good online seller suggests measuring for size. Here's one example for Risport boots from a USA seller named Kinzie's Closet...

https://www.kinziescloset.com/risport-skate-sizing-chart.html

Really, a good fitter will be your best bet. Try to find one to visit in person (when you can do it safely) for the best results.

Thank you for answering. I found the link quite useful. The website suggests that the proper size for me would 295 and maybe I should go with it. I can always put on a thicker sock if it will feel a little too big :D

I would love to have a proper fitting but, unfortunately, in my country there are no fitters and the shops don't stock "bigger" sizes, so I have to rely only on my instinct and the internet  :)

Online Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Total GOE: 370
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 11:56:28 AM »
I'm glad the Kinzie's link proved useful.

Good luck with the purchase, and let us know how it goes!
Bill Schneider

Offline tstop4me

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 196
  • Conserve Angular Momentum
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 12:40:28 PM »
OP:  You might want to contact Risport specifically for measurement and tracing instructions.  I've never dealt with Risport, but Jackson and Riedell have specific instructions and templates; these are not standardized, and vary with the manufacturer.  You send them the results, and they suggest a size.  Note:  You will need a friend to help you with the measurements and tracings; if you try to do them on yourself, you will get distorted results.  Good luck!

Offline Sk8erMario

• Wearing Rental Skates
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 07:24:44 AM »
OP:  You might want to contact Risport specifically for measurement and tracing instructions.  I've never dealt with Risport, but Jackson and Riedell have specific instructions and templates; these are not standardized, and vary with the manufacturer.  You send them the results, and they suggest a size.  Note:  You will need a friend to help you with the measurements and tracings; if you try to do them on yourself, you will get distorted results.  Good luck!

Thank you for replying. I tried contacting Risport directly a few weeks ago but I haven't recieved an answer yet  :( I hope that Edea and Risport are quite similar since they use to be made in the same factory (and maybe still are)

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 11:26:27 AM »
Thank you for replying. I tried contacting Risport directly a few weeks ago but I haven't recieved an answer yet  :( I hope that Edea and Risport are quite similar since they use to be made in the same factory (and maybe still are)

I'm in the same situation as you- I live in France and there's no fitter here who comes even close to my fitter in the US.  I 100% have the same frustrations as you in terms of what they stock.

My first pair of skates over here were Risport.  When it came time for new skates, I tried to contact them directly to see if they could do semi-customs à les North American Brands.  They never responded.  So you may need to be aggressive and call them, repeatedly if necessary.

Fwiw, I think Edea changed the last somewhat when they split off from Risport.  The Edeas I tried on fit very differently, and there's no way I could have worn them, but Risport has the best out-of-the-box fit for me.

Good luck!

Offline Sk8erMario

• Wearing Rental Skates
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 02:52:06 PM »
I'm in the same situation as you- I live in France and there's no fitter here who comes even close to my fitter in the US.  I 100% have the same frustrations as you in terms of what they stock.

My first pair of skates over here were Risport.  When it came time for new skates, I tried to contact them directly to see if they could do semi-customs à les North American Brands.  They never responded.  So you may need to be aggressive and call them, repeatedly if necessary.

Fwiw, I think Edea changed the last somewhat when they split off from Risport.  The Edeas I tried on fit very differently, and there's no way I could have worn them, but Risport has the best out-of-the-box fit for me.

Good luck!

Thank you for replying. I always wanted to try out Risports (but my shops don't have sizes and won't send any unless I will actually buy it yet I'm buying the combo from another retailer) because I only tried Edeas at this point, so I thought the perfect chance to do so and I hope I will like it enough. I would love to go to a large championship where brands usually have stands so I would be able to try more skates and be fitted accurately but one can dream.

UPDATE: I orderred size 295 and I will just have to wait at this point as the demand for snow whites is very high at the moment  :D

Have a great day everybody!