You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Edeas yet again  (Read 1070 times)

Offline ronniev

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
Edeas yet again
« on: April 27, 2014, 01:18:15 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm a new poster on here. I'm trying to find out if anyone has any experience in heat customizing their Edeas.

I have the Concertos, and while the front half of the boot feels ok, the back part around the Achilles feels pretty loose. I've read that one can blow dry it, but that sounds odd to me. I don't want to mess them up. Does anyone have any tips? Is this something a Pro Shop would do?

Offline DressmakingMomma

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 24
Re: Edeas yet again
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 09:15:39 AM »
When DD had Edeas, I tried the hair dryer thing but couldn't get them soft enough to actually manipulate the skate. I've seen directions using a heat gun, but I was afraid to wreck the boot so we went to the shop we bought them from to take care of it for us. They basically set a hairdryer in a vice pointed at the boot and left it for about ten minutes then used their tools to punch them out. I think you have to be really careful with getting the boot hot enough to manipulate but not so hot you ruin the leather. They didn't end up working for her and we went with something else, but others seem to really love them.