You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Poll

Are you skating?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Linked Events

• Deadline: ISI Dist III Champs: March 31, 2011
  • 2011 ISI Dist III Champs: April 09, 2011 - April 10, 2011

Author Topic: 2011 ISI District III Championships  (Read 1918 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
2011 ISI District III Championships
« on: March 24, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »
THE METROPOLITAN ICE RINK
MANAGER’S ASSOCIATION
Presents the:
ISI DISTRICT III CHAMPIONSHIPS

Saturday and Sunday, April 9 & 10, 2011
ProSkate Arena in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey

Extended entry deadline: March 31, 2011

Received via email:
Hi Coaches,

To accomodate everyone's hectic scheudles and to maximize participation, we will be extending the deadline for the 2011 ISI District 3 Championships to March 31, 2011.

The event will take place Saturday and Sunday, April 9 & 10, 2011 at the ProSkate Arena in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey.  

I ask that you would be everything that you can to be a part of this competition.  This is a very important event for the District as all of the proceeds are returned to your skaters through the college scholarships and a complimentary Ice Arena Institute of Management (iAIM) full day class that is offered to all MIRMA member arenas.  The value of this is that the arenas where you work are educated on how to provide you and your customers with the best possible product, while keeping costs down.  We will also be announcing and honoring the 2009 - 2010 scholarship winners during the competition.

As always, we are planning on a very short day starting late Saturday afternoon and a full day with most of the events on Sunday.  I will work around all scheduling requests, as long as they are marked on the original applications.

Again, this year, we will be offering just about every ISI individual and couples event including hockey and all of the team and synchro events.  We will also be offering Ultimate Freestyle, Spin Challenge, Team Interpretive and Team Surprise.  All forms, as well as schedules and updates as we move forward will be available at www.skateMIRMA.org  

Crossing USFS skaters over to ISI has now become very simple and skaters may join the ISI for $15 and they can participate in all that the ISI Recreational Skating program has to offer.  If you have any questions about this process, please contact me!

The entry fee for the first event has been reduced by $10 from the 2010 event to reflect the current economic trends.  Spin Challenge and the Dance Step event are also being offered for $10 as a second event and the Team Interpretive is $10 per skater.  Any Tot through Delta skater who wishes only to participate in the solo compulsory moves may do so for $40.

There are several hotel options very close to the arena for under $100 per night, please contact me if you would like more information.

Again, Please encourage full support of this event.  Thank you!

Also, while I have everyone's attention, District 3 is in need of a facility to host the ISI / PSA Fall Instructor's seminar.  We will need a couple of hours of non-prime ice time and a class room.  This is a great opportunity with flexible scheduling.  Please contact me if you are interested.  

I look forward to hearing from all of you!  Have a great day!

Lisa Fedick, CAE

As a footnote, I have a lot of respect for Lisa Fedick.  She's a hard worker and very professional
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Re: 2011 ISI District III Championships
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:21:36 PM »
Announcement and Entry Forms are here: http://www.skatemirma.org/

This is the final event in the District III “Skate for Knowledge” Competition Series.

Note that the entry deadline has been extended to 3/31/2011

"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com