You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: World Junior Challenge Cup  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Schmeck

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 13
World Junior Challenge Cup
« on: March 11, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »

Offline Schmeck

Re: World Junior Challenge Cup
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »
SPOILER ALERT

Congratulations Team Braemar, on the bronze medal!!!  Woohoo, isn't it the the first world medal for a junior team?

Offline Mr. Fan

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 9
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 12:46:21 PM »
Congratulations to both Braemar and Skyliners.  We are proud of both of our World Junior teams.

No, it's not the first World medal for Junior synchro teams.

Chicago Jazz won back-to-back Bronzes in 2006 and 2007 at Junior World Challenge Cup.

And at the very first Junior World Challenge Cup in 2001, the Superettes from Warwick, NJ, won Bronze. 

For those of you who have never seen Braemar and/or Skyliner Juniors skate, do ANYTHING to see them in person.  Their skating is breathtaking, all about deep, beautiful edges.

posted by Fan (Mr. Fan's wife)

Offline Schmeck

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 06:45:09 AM »
Thanks Mrs. Fan, for the info - how could I have forgotten about Chicago Jazz?!?

Watching synchro live is so different from watching it on the 'net, I encourage all skating enthusiasts to try to catch a performance live whenever you can.  Just the power created by 12-20 skaters all moving in the same direction, that wind they create when they pass close to the boards, takes my breath away.  I miss the synchro experience so much.