You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Blade options  (Read 1309 times)

Offline cameocooper

• Ice Warrior
  • Total GOE: 0
Blade options
« on: June 24, 2017, 01:30:06 AM »
Does anyone have any suggestions for blades that have a 8" Rocker. I currently skate in coronation ace with a 7" rocker, but was considering going with the larger rocker, has I have no issues with spins, and feel unstable on my footwork.

I am consider Eclipse Pinnacle (Possible upgrading to the titanium model but not sure if this is worth with only single jumps) or Coronation Comet which have 8,5" rocker.
but am open to suggestions on different blades, but I or the sharper seems to wear out blades.

Offline tstop4me

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 196
  • Conserve Angular Momentum
Re: Blade options
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 08:50:17 AM »
You mentioned in one of your other posts ("Skate Sizing Issues") that your current boots are now too wide.  The loose boots are more likely the cause of unstable footwork than the 7' rocker radius of the Coronation Ace.  Perhaps you should defer the blade issue until you fix your boot issue.

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
Re: Blade options
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 01:53:04 PM »
That's a wide open question! Like asking "Can anyone tell me the best type of vehicle?" or "Which type of home is best?"

Besides, people develop very strong preferences even within a given set of moves and disciplines, and don't agree at all on blade choice.

In practice, except for the change from beginner to more advanced blades, you might be cautious about major changes, unless you have money to burn and are willing to give each blade a few months or more to get used to it. For me, a change from MK Dance (7' rocker) to Ultima Dance (8' rocker; much shorter spin rocker curvature and length) was very difficult, but not because of main rocker, which I didn't really notice. Primarily because the spin rocker curvature and length were so different. If money had not been an issue, I should have stayed with MK Dance.

But everyone has different experiences.