You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Expect the Expenses  (Read 6645 times)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Expect the Expenses
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 07:31:23 PM »
My rink has a 'club' (not the same as a USFS club). You pay $50 a month and that gets you group lessons and all the publics you can skate. It kind of breaks out slightly above even for me. When I retire, it will be much more beneficial...I can skate TWO group classes a week, plus publics.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline tstop4me

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 196
  • Conserve Angular Momentum
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 07:48:59 PM »
At mine, I think it works out to $18 per LTS class, plus access to all public sessions while you're enrolled.  (Possibly excluding the Friday night DJ Skate.)

We have the same deal except it is about $12 for each class and then all of the publics - not sure about the DJ night skate but that probably would be included!

Wow, these are really great deals.  If you normally skate more than 2 or 3 public sessions/wk, it's actually cheaper to sign up for LTS (unless your publics are dirt cheap).

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 04:19:55 AM »
And I thought our rink, which charges $7.70 for adults and $6.60 for students and seniors, multi-session discounts[/url] available, was high...:

http://www.thegardensicehouse.com/public-sessions

At the other end, some of the outdoor rinks run by governments are fairly cheap.