You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Decided to try a competition (before I'm ready)  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Adultsk8r509

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 34
    • Adult Figure Skating Over 50
Decided to try a competition (before I'm ready)
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:59:17 PM »
I signed up today for my first competition on July 14.  Skating up to Adult Bronze (I have only tested to Pre Bronze in FS).  Next week I test Bronze MIF only.  I didn't feel I was ready for the Bronze FS, but I am going to try and skate up and get my first competition nerves out of the way.  I really feel like I am only competing again myself, regardless of whether or not there are any other skaters in my event.  My program is 75% done and neither my coach or I have great expectations, but I need to give it a try.  I find that if I don't have the pressure of a test or competition to push me.. I don't push myself.  Hopefully there will be no regrets.
Now... I just need to find a dress!!
Happy Landings
www.waltzjump.com

Offline Live2Sk8

• Divot Maker
  • Total GOE: 29
Re: Decided to try a competition (before I'm ready)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »
That's great!  I've watched your videos that you've posted.  You're such a lovely skater - I would not want to compete against you!  Hope you have a great time, and good luck finding a dress.   And good luck with your Bronze MIF test, too.  Your Pre Bronze tests were amazing.

Offline Adultsk8r509

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 34
    • Adult Figure Skating Over 50
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 11:28:22 PM »
That's great!  I've watched your videos that you've posted.  You're such a lovely skater - I would not want to compete against you!  Hope you have a great time, and good luck finding a dress.   And good luck with your Bronze MIF test, too.  Your Pre Bronze tests were amazing.
OMG thank you ... I don't deserve such high praise.  The Bronze test won't go a smoothly I have no doubt.  I don't have the control I would like to have, but hopefully I will pass.  As for the competition.... you don't see me posting any videos that are uncut .... that's because after 2-3 elements... I am exhausted... I lose the music, nothing works..... but who knows ... maybe the adrenaline will help me out on competition day ....:)
Happy Landings
www.waltzjump.com

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:03:48 AM »
I think you'll do great!  And unless you are in a highly competitive area, I don't think you'll be out of place skating up to Bronze.  Even if you aren't quite confident in your test, your skating is definitely bronze level. 

I think it is a great idea to put the program out there and just see how you do!