You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: homework and skating  (Read 7021 times)

Offline twirly~girls~mom

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 3
Re: homework and skating
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »
Nope....I have never done homeswork for either of my kids.  Never will.  With my daughter doing virtual school now, the balancing act is a bit easier, but if it weren't we'd adjust skating to fit school responsibilities, not the other way around.

Offline MadMac

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 38
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »
The parents are that dumb.  They print!
My guess is the teachers are not that dumb either . . . they can most likely tell that the student did not do the work. More importantly, why would a good parent teach their child to be dishonest?

Offline retired

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 71
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »
I traced a map for geography this week while the kid was on the ice.  They had to draw a trail to illustrate immigration using the map that was in the textbook.  I found out later that the rest of the class simply had their parents photocopy the map from the text and then drew on it.     We don't own a photocopier, so I was the human copier and it was too finicky to do while driving.   This was high school work.  I haven't seen my mark yet.

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 04:03:56 PM »
My mom never did my homework for me. She'd proofread my papers and then give me the corrections. Every now and then if I'd written out my paper and was just swamped with homework she would type it out for me (never hindered me, I loved playing Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing so I still learned my typing skills, I don't do the two finger typing). But other than that it was all me.

I wouldn't be shocked if there's a lot of skating parents secretly doing their kids' homework. We had a bunch of our girls at the rink suddenly switch to homeschool last year so they could skate more. I saw them skate a LOT during the summer, especially the mornings, but now they must skate just the afternoons because I get the ice pretty much to myself in the morning.

Offline falen

• Pairs Partner
  • Total GOE: 8
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »
I haven't seen my mark yet.

lol!!!!