You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: "On Edge", "Ice Castles" will show on THIS network  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
"On Edge", "Ice Castles" will show on THIS network
« on: October 09, 2015, 02:50:12 AM »
"On Edge" movie produced in 2001, will show again on THIS, 10/17, early morning, right after "Ice Castles".

IMHO, neither the production quality nor the humor of "On Edge" are up to "Cutting Edge", etc. standards, but the cast includes several very famous skaters from the past (playing judges and coaches).

Ice Castles had better production quality.

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
Re: "On Edge", "Ice Castles" will show on THIS network
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 05:14:17 AM »
Hunh, On Edge has been on my "list" for a while, only because one of the girls I used to skate with is actually in it.  She competed internationally and was always just so far above us....but as usual, super nice!  She never made top flight though, so I doubt would be included among your "very famous" skaters. 

Offline Query

• Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 08:31:14 PM »
A few of the jumps were pretty. Maybe your friend was the stunt double for the best of them.  :) I hope she was better acknowledged than Marine Jahan was in Flashdance.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 05:36:12 PM »
I've seen "On Edge". It's amusing, and Oh, MY, GOD is is so true. Yes it's over the top, and the lead actresses are unmemorable, but OMG does it absolutely nail some of the hinkyness in figure skating. Remarkably, some of the male actors will be familiar to you, but the women leads disappeared into the mist of Hollywood.

I saw this with a bunch figure skaters and the first time we saw the inside of the rink we all went "oooooh"

Jason Alexander is a hoot!

The DNA scene is painfully funny. Considering the former elite skaters in the scene, there's some revelation of what it's like for them  to undergo it.

Not great cinema, but whoever wrote the script had a working knowledge of figure skating.

Kathi Griffin has a great turn as an adult skater. And the girl with injuries is funny.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/