You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: A September 11th Figure Skating Show?  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
  • Total GOE: 120
A September 11th Figure Skating Show?
« on: September 12, 2015, 02:44:31 PM »
Yesterday was September 11th.   There have been so many songs written about the tragedy, and others that just "go" with it like "Sound of Silence."   I think it would be great if the big stars of skating put on a September 11th show to benefit.   Or, if local clubs could put on a show, with proceeds going to the local first responders in the area.   It would be really cool if we could do it all around the country.   But, it is close to regionals so it might be hard to get local skaters?  I don't know.   

Skating is such a peaceful and expressive medium.   Putting the idea out there. . . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_about_the_September_11_attacks

Offline TreSk8sAZ

• Blade Runner
  • Total GOE: 42
Re: A September 11th Figure Skating Show?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 03:13:47 PM »
A local club did this for the tenth anniversary - but regionals were late that year. This time of year is really focused on last competitions, exhibitions/critiques, final prep for regionals, and (for non-qual kids) beginning show choreography for Christmas shows, so I think it would be difficult to get the kids involved unless they had the last weekend for regionals (end of October).