You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Yoga with Adrienne - youtube  (Read 2810 times)

Offline PinkLaces

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Total GOE: 27
Yoga with Adrienne - youtube
« on: March 06, 2015, 10:35:47 PM »
I just thought I share a yoga youtube channel I came across a few months back called Yoga with Adrienne  https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene   

I finished up her 30 day yoga challenge and have continued to practice several times a week.  I am so much more flexible than I was when I started.  And believe me, I was pretty stiff when I started.  I took a Yoga for Skaters class at my old rink and the instructor is great.  However the class finished and then her other classes were during times I skated.  I found doing yoga really helpful to my skating, but if I have to choose between skating and yoga class, I'm picking skating.

One of the things I really like about her videos all the variations that she gives you in the poses.  She is so positive and is all about growing your practice. She makes it feel okay if you can barely hold a pose or can't do it.  So encouraging for the unflexible.

Anyway, just thought I'd share in case anyone is interested.

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
Re: Yoga with Adrienne - youtube
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 01:41:24 AM »
Thanks for sharing! I was vaguely aware of her channel, but hadn't really looked at it. Will definitely try this out - totally need some help with flexibility!

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 05:25:16 AM »
Awesome!!!  Thanks for sharing.  I, too am a yoga devotée.  To compliment my weekly yoga class, I just started working through the courses in the "Light on Yoga" book. 

I agree that it helps with flexibility, but I've also noticed that it's helping with strength too.  I get through Warrior 1 and 2 with my own special mantra: IJS sit, IJS sit, IJS sit......Wish I could use the focus and concentration part to help deal with pre-preformance anxiety.  Someday maybe I'll get there!

Offline PinkLaces

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Total GOE: 27
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 04:28:23 PM »
Awesome!!!  Thanks for sharing.  I, too am a yoga devotée.  To compliment my weekly yoga class, I just started working through the courses in the "Light on Yoga" book. 

I agree that it helps with flexibility, but I've also noticed that it's helping with strength too.  I get through Warrior 1 and 2 with my own special mantra: IJS sit, IJS sit, IJS sit......Wish I could use the focus and concentration part to help deal with pre-preformance anxiety.  Someday maybe I'll get there!

Love your IJS mantra. I have noticed increased strength, but am also doing some body weight strength training.

One other thing I noticed is I am more focused on my breathing. Lots of times I will forget to breath while spinning and come out gasping for breath. I am noticing I can stay in longer especially the sit spin when I remember to breathe.