You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Light up costumes  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Meli

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 25
Light up costumes
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:23:26 AM »
I'm curious about the effectiveness of light up costumes under regular rink lighting (think entertainment event without spotlight). Would it be visible? Worth the hassle? Has anyone seen one in action?

Offline Live2Sk8

• Divot Maker
  • Total GOE: 29
Re: Light up costumes
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:49:09 AM »
Yes, it does show up.  Not as effective as under a spotlight, though.  I've seen these effects: light-up blades (not very effective), lights on costume (effective), hand-held devices that light up (most effective).  The audience likes it, though!  Never tried any of these personally.

Offline Clarice

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 68
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 11:46:53 AM »
We just did lighted costumes for a show, but it was under spotlights.  We used lights under the skates, rave gloves, and battery-powered strings of LEDs that the skaters wound either around one arm or one leg. It looked pretty cool.

Offline ChristyRN

• Salchow-a-Bunga!
  • Total GOE: 184
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 07:22:31 PM »
A gentleman at Nationals skated to "Rhinestone Cowboy" with a flashing hat. It was effective because the hat was black, the lights white.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with one gorgeous redhead.  (Lucille Ball)

Offline nicklaszlo

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 221
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 10:19:45 PM »
At a show last week I saw an impressive fire breathing routine.  Fortunately the costume did not light up.