You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Adult skating in Indianapolis?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline _wonderland

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 1
Adult skating in Indianapolis?
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:56:26 PM »
Hi friends.

I've posted several times here re: skating/adult skating communities in several different areas. I am FINALLY making my migration out of North Florida (land of no ice) next week and I'm landing in Indianapolis. A friend of mine added me to an Adult skating group on facebook and I've chatted with a couple of people, but I thought I'd post here as well and see if any of you are in the area and/or familiar with the community.

I'll be living pretty much equal distance between the rinks in both Fishers and Carmel and may skate at both. Haven't decided which club to join just yet. That's probably something I'll wait and decide once I'm there and get a feel for the atmospher/attitude.

Offline Arwen17

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 889
Re: Adult skating in Indianapolis?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 10:52:05 AM »

Can someone explain the rink and club situation?

I was looking at the schedules. It seems like the Fishers rink and Carmel rink have morning FS Sessions, yay! The Fairgrounds rink and Perry Park rink are seasonal, temporary rinks?

Indy Central FSC is in Fishers rink. ISC of Indianapolis is in Carmel rink. Sycamore ISC (Perry Park) I'm assuming is not a big club since it's a seasonal rink. Winter Club of Indianapolis (Fairgrounds) is also not a big club?

Do these clubs just skate at the other rinks when their seasonal rink closes down?

After reading lots of old news articles I found out there used to be 2 sheets of ice at the Pan Am Plaza and a group called Indiana World Skating Academy for like 17 years. Then they moved to the Carmel rink? Are they still at the Carmel rink and under the new name "ISC of Indianapolis"?

I guess my question is: Which rink/club is better? Carmel or Fishers? Which has more advanced skaters/coaches? Or is there little difference between them?