You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Is there more than one heel width for Edea Ice Fly?  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
Is there more than one heel width for Edea Ice Fly?
« on: April 15, 2019, 11:42:47 PM »
I currently have a pair of C width Ice Flies that fit reasonably welll on the heel but feel a bit narrow across the ball of my foot. I'm considering getting a pair of D width Ice Flies but I'm wondering if the heel width will also be wider meaning that my heel will slip. Does anyone know if the heel width is wider on the wider boot please?

Offline Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Total GOE: 370
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
Re: Is there more than one heel width for Edea Ice Fly?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 09:51:01 AM »
Why not give the importer or a dealer a phone call to see what they say?

I see that you are in Canada, and Jerry's Skates advertises them. 1-800-263-2496

Skates U.S., the distributor for the US, can be reached at 765-935-7477
Bill Schneider

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 12:59:35 PM »
Thanks for the info. I posted elsewhere and people said the heel widths were different, however a fitter who was supposed to work very closely with Edea told me that they were using a single last and stretching the ball area only, so it's a bit confusing.

Offline tstop4me

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 196
  • Conserve Angular Momentum
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 01:17:20 PM »
Thanks for the info. I posted elsewhere and people said the heel widths were different, however a fitter who was supposed to work very closely with Edea told me that they were using a single last and stretching the ball area only, so it's a bit confusing.
That's why you should follow up on Bill's suggestion and contact the manufacturer's rep directly.  In the past, with boots and blades, I've also gotten incorrect info from other skaters, coaches, and techs.  For critical info, check directly with a manufacturer's rep.