You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Good boot for USFSA adult 6  (Read 1115 times)

Offline mnrjpf99

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 4
Good boot for USFSA adult 6
« on: November 26, 2016, 07:35:09 PM »
Okay. I am getting so fet up with trying this boot and that boot and still not really getting the fit I need for my short but wide feet. I have had a pair of Jackson's that were a base model, that even after being punched a few times, I could not get them to fit coreectly and the punch didn't last. I had a pair of Eda Ice Fly's that were in reality a bit too small.

What I am looking for is a pair of good boots, to get me through USFSA adult 6, that are heat moldable and and reasonably priced. I am on a limited budget and for me it's not realistic to go with a custom boot.

I have been back into skating for over 3 months and feel that my progress is being slowed down from not being in a consistent pair of skates. I have been running my "Frankin Figures" and the work good, but lack good ankle support and are very bulky, due to the fact that they are hockey boots with figure blades. Yes I know it sounds crazy, but they work, for the most part. Lol

Any ideas on a budget priced skates that are heat moldable?

Offline ChristyRN

• Salchow-a-Bunga!
  • Total GOE: 184
Re: Good boot for USFSA adult 6
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »
You just have to try them on. What works for me won't work for you. I had to go with a semi-custom to get a boot to fit my 7A-heel/6EEE ball. Get your feet measured professionally, not by some rink shop dude. I was in too-long boots for way too long and am still trying to unlearn bad habits.

Where are you located? Maybe someone can suggest a good fitter near you.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with one gorgeous redhead.  (Lucille Ball)

Offline mnrjpf99

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 4
Re: Good boot for USFSA adult 6
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 08:38:25 PM »
I am in Sidney Maine; close to Augusta. The closest rink is 8 miles away, but their skate shop is a no no shop. Lol