You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: EDEA  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Tigerstein

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 1
EDEA
« on: December 25, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »
Do any of you guys wear EDEA (more specifically the Overture)?

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Re: EDEA
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:43:20 AM »
I've tried the Overture. I didn't like it because it pressed against my heels, but that's more of a fit issue. I've seen other skaters wear them with no problem.

Offline Tigerstein

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »
Thanks for responding! There really seem to be mixed reviews of EDEA, I guess it's like that with every boot but there seem to be more with Overture.

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 02:14:10 AM »
The Edea Ice Fly seems to be the preferred model over here. If you're considering the Overture, you might want to consider other brands like Jackson and Riedell.

Offline DressmakingMomma

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 24
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 01:23:45 PM »
The overture did not work for my daughter. They were sold to us as a skate that works for all feet, but multiple trips to the shop for heat molding did not work. A month later we ended up at a different shop for a special makeup set of jackson premieres. She needed an E width in the ball and AA in the heel though, so maybe they work for a more standard shaped foot. It was an expensive mistake for us.

Offline TreSk8sAZ

• Blade Runner
  • Total GOE: 42
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 01:38:34 PM »
A lot of the kids and adults have moved to EDEA at my rink. Wide variety of the different boots. Many seem to be happy with them. The one thing most people say is that because the heel height is different, that takes some getting used to (especially on spins). Others find them noisy until they find the new balance spot. I was skating with a friend of mine on the very first day she got hers and she was definitely noticing a lot of differences from her previous boots (Harlick). In addition to finding them noisy, she felt like there was pressure over the middle of her foot that hadn't been there in any other boot. But, she was also able to do turns she normally had trouble with.

The biggest complaint I've seen is that they break down fast. Usually what happens is the kids get the boot their "supposed" to get, or even one level lower because that's what was recommended for their level. They trash those in a matter of months. Then, when they get new boots at a level up from the prior boot, they are better and last longer. This was a big problem for some of the kids around regionals that were duct taping their skates because they were so broken down.