You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Where to buy full foot body tights?  (Read 1394 times)

Offline aussieskater

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 52
Where to buy full foot body tights?
« on: April 04, 2012, 12:49:24 AM »
I have 2 pairs of flesh-coloured body tights/unitards, which I've worn out.  I bought them from Danny's Warehouse, but they don't keep them any more apparently, so I'm on the prowl for a new source.  I really want full-foot as opposed to a convertible foot or stirrup foot.

Does anyone know where I can buy them?  I've googled but the best I can come up with is the convertible foot version.

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
Re: Where to buy full foot body tights?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 12:57:48 AM »
Have you tried the convertible feet?  I thought I'd hate them (and actually planned on cutting off the foot up to the convertible hole and sewing a new "toe" with my serger) but I found that it doesn't bother me at all.. plus it's nice having access to my feet/ankles if I am having some sort of issue that day and need to add/remove bungas or if I want to wear my vibram fivefingers to the rink :).

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
I think the convertible foot depends on the brand though- there are some brands that I HATE how they do them (Capezio), and others that don't bother me (Body Wrappers). 

I have some of the ones from Danny's and haven't found them anywhere else.  I actually cut the feet off of them though...

I checked all my usual sources and they only carry convertible (which makes sense as ballet dancers tend to prefer that- it is very hard to tape your toes when you can't reach them!)

Maybe you can email Danny's and see if they can get them again? Or at least give you a brand name to search for? (IIRC- they came to me 'anonymously')

Offline aussieskater

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 52
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 06:42:30 PM »
Sarahspins, I haven't tried them but suspect I'd feel the seams, as I do every irregularity at the bottom of shoes etc now.  I wear body tights under comp dresses to smooth lines etc, and always wear a pair of regular tights over top, so if the foot part goes wonky, it's not easily accessible to fix.  I will give them a go if I can't find an alternative.  Thanks for the heads up that they might not be as bad as I thought, though.

Skittl, thanks for the suggestion to contact Danny's and ask them - why didn't I think of that??  I've done it now and am waiting to hear back, but I'm not too hopeful, as I think they're a disposal warehouse for end-of-line ranges.  Fingers crossed anyway!