You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: SP-Teri Skates  (Read 1374 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
SP-Teri Skates
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »
A friend of mine is thinking about buying SP-Teri skates, which made me realize that I know almost NOTHING about that brand.  I see they have stock and custom boots - are they on par with Klingbeil skates?  What about features - several models have patches on the outside and apparently they'll do custom cutout decorations...other than making people look at your feet, what purpose do those serve?

So many questions, all in the interest of not doing my work, lol.  Any info is appreciated!
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
Re: SP-Teri Skates
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 03:40:46 PM »
They are known for fitting wide balls and narrow heels very well.  They are very good quality boots.  I used them for years and went through several pairs.  I'd still be skating in SP Teri's if price hadn't sort of forced my hand and pushed me towards Jackson (I bought my Elite Plus for only $375 two years ago - that's about half of what I would have spent on a comparable SP Teri boot).

The "power tab" (the sewn on "patch") on the KT-2 and KT-3 supposedly helps prevent boot breakdown.

The custom cutouts are just decorations.  Harlick does that too.. Klingbeil may as well.