You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Ebay scores!  (Read 1609 times)

Offline jlspink22

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 9
Ebay scores!
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:06:28 AM »
I got a pair of pink matrix legacy blades in 7 3/4" (these are for when she outgrows the current blades) for $50 shipped. Blades are clean and still sharp (actually super sharp). Besides some nicks in the pink they look great.

Hopefully they won't be too much blade for my little one since she's learning some freestyle moves and should be better by the time she gets them.

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
  • Total GOE: 120
Re: Ebay scores!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
I scored a Brad Griffies dress for $38!

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 01:35:56 PM »
Nice! Both of you got some great finds!

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 12:37:36 AM »
I once bought a new, in box, pair of gold seals for $10 on ebay as a buy it now auction - shipping was $14, making a total of $24 :)  I "sold" them to my coach for exactly what I paid, and she passed them on to one of her skaters.

I also recently bought my daughter an 8 1/2" pair of pink matrix legacy blades for $30.50 including shipping - as far as I can tell they have only ever been sharpened once, and show less wear than the ones pictured above (in terms of scratches/nicks - there are some, but not many).  I haven't put them on her skates yet (they're sort of her "carrot" to get past basic 8 - she gets them when she graduates to FS1)

The Legacy is roughly equivalent to the coronation ace and professional blades, which are honestly one of the few freestyle blades that are truly suited for "all levels" of skating - my daughter had been skating on coronation ace's since basic 5 (prior to that she had MK Double Stars).  My daughter has wanted colored blades since I got my first pair about 4 years ago :)

Offline jlspink22

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 9
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 09:30:21 AM »
That's great news. I rarely see good blades in her size and actually got him to come down from 50+6$ to ship ;)

I once bought a new, in box, pair of gold seals for $10 on ebay as a buy it now auction - shipping was $14, making a total of $24 :)  I "sold" them to my coach for exactly what I paid, and she passed them on to one of her skaters.

I also recently bought my daughter an 8 1/2" pair of pink matrix legacy blades for $30.50 including shipping - as far as I can tell they have only ever been sharpened once, and show less wear than the ones pictured above (in terms of scratches/nicks - there are some, but not many).  I haven't put them on her skates yet (they're sort of her "carrot" to get past basic 8 - she gets them when she graduates to FS1)

The Legacy is roughly equivalent to the coronation ace and professional blades, which are honestly one of the few freestyle blades that are truly suited for "all levels" of skating - my daughter had been skating on coronation ace's since basic 5 (prior to that she had MK Double Stars).  My daughter has wanted colored blades since I got my first pair about 4 years ago :)

Offline rd350

• Glides at Will
  • Total GOE: 8
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 06:39:35 PM »
Wow how impressive!  Enjoy all your finds!
Working on Silver MITF and Bronze Freestyle