You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Suggested supplies & gear for newbie girl?  (Read 6212 times)

Offline LT

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 0
Re: Suggested supplies & gear for newbie girl?
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 11:46:59 PM »
My DD (6) wears footed tights under her leggings for extra warmth when the rink is cold in the mornings. She prefers Mondor and complains that Capezio are itchy. We also found a small bag (http://www.kidstravelzone.com/kidsluggage/cargotote.html) that you can have embroidered with the kids' name and a picture of ice skates, it fits all her stuff perfectly and is small enough for her to carry around. They are usually $25 but I found a coupon code somewhere (can't remember where though...maybe retail me not?) and got it for $20 and free shipping at Xmas. She has wanted a zuca for months but they are crazy expensive (imo) and the other bag does the job just fine for now.

As far as too much skating, if she really loves it and never wants to come off, make sure to watch her closely. Even if my DD is extremely sick she will fake that she feels great so she can skate, so I really have to keep an eye on her. She is active like yours -- I find that she has to do something active every day (skate/swim/track/ballet) or she is bouncing off the walls  88) My DS is the same way too.