You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Damaged Skates  (Read 1149 times)

Offline cameocooper

• Ice Warrior
  • Total GOE: 0
Damaged Skates
« on: January 06, 2016, 03:36:58 AM »
I skate with Edea Chorus skates, I got around the start on 2015. I have noticed that in some part the skates are down to the carbon fiber. only very small, its not major, but I am concern that the small skinned part will become bigger. that the best way to describe it, it like when you skin a knuckle or something.

Does anyone have idea that can help seal this, beside skate tape.

I assume the damage has been done in scratch spins, as it up on the ankle on the outside of the boot, so lunges are not the cause. and it is starting near the toe of the same boot.

Offline DressmakingMomma

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 24
Re: Damaged Skates
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:02:41 PM »
You can order Edea's skate polish if the scuffs bother you. My dd likes skate pants one size too big so that she can pull them over her whole boot, sort of like built in boot covers. That seems to make a huge difference in keeping her boots relatively scuff free. You could always add boot covers for when you practice. I think the nature of practicing means they are going to get scuffed, so it's a matter of living with the scuffs or covering up the boots.