You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Am I overbooting?  (Read 2100 times)

Offline icegal123

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
Am I overbooting?
« on: November 19, 2017, 04:49:59 AM »
Just wanted to seek some opinions on what boot to get next...

I'm an adult skater landing consistently on all my singles and about to start learning the axel. I am currently in the Risport RF3s and am thinking of switching to Edeas, maybe the Ice Flys, but I'm not sure if I'd be overbooting? I've seen a lot of smaller girls at my rink in the Ice Flys and they seemed to be fine with them - some are doing axels and beginning doubles, others are on single jumps like me.

What are your thoughts?

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Re: Am I overbooting?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 06:20:05 AM »
I know some adults who've used Ice Flys when they were in FS 1. It's as comfortable for them as it is for elite skaters (although they break it down much later on). If you want Ice Flys for the comfort, I'd say go for it, but it's not exactly necessary.

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 07:39:31 PM »
I know a few people who have gone from Risport to Edea without problem.  I don't imagine you'd have an issue.  I've seen little kids in those boots and if you're a fully grown adult it should be fine.

Offline Nate

• BladeLock
  • Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 22
  • #AdultSkate
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 02:35:05 AM »
My thoughts are honestly to stay with a boot that works if it works well for you.  I don't see a point in jumping to Edeas if the Risports work fine.  Just go up in stiffness to a higher model, if necessary.

You cannot over-boot in Edeas.  The boots are not designed for the upper to break in the way Leather Boots are, so that is not a concern with them.  Just don't tie them too tight at the top.